Skip to content ↓

Pupil Premium Funding

Pupil premium is money given to schools to improve the education of children who are economically disadvantaged or children who have been in care or adopted from care. This extra funding is used to enable schools to support learning and development and improve educational outcomes.

Who is eligible?

Your child may be eligible if you receive any of the following benefits:

  • Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent  assessment periods)
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

Or if your child

  • Is currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
  • Has left care in England or Wales through an adoption order, a special guardianship order, or a child arrangements order

How the money will benefit your child

School will use the money in ways they think will best support your child’s learning and development and improve their educational outcomes

How to apply

Complete the form and return it to the office

If you require a paper copy of the form please ask the office